11:45 - well, I rented a bike this morning, and it's turning out to be the best five euros I've spent yet. I rode to the train station to look for roommate advertisements, but didn't find any (so I'm really glad I didn't walk all the way out there for nothing) then I went to tourist information, which I assumed would be a booth with a person inside whom I could ask about where else to go, but it turned out to be a broken computer kiosk, so that was a bust too. Since the university is closed today (literally, I can't get into the building) I can't go back there, so now I'm back at the hostel sitting on my hands and praying for an e-mail response. So in the meantime, here's a few pictures of the train station to keep you all amused (maybe). 





1 pm - finally! I received an e-mail back about a room. What a scam the web site is though. I had to pay in order to read the e-mail, because apparently, you can search for rooms and e-mail people for free, but in order to see their telephone number or read any e-mails you get form other members, you have to pay. Well, I did because I'm desperate, so pray this works out. I will also be getting as many phone numbers as I can before my "upgraded membership" expires.
3 pm - Yay! I have three appointments to look at apartments tomorrow! Everyone wish me luck and send some good vibes. After all that work, I think it's time for a nap.
1 comment:
That's weird that you had to pay to contact anyone. I didn't have to... I'm glad however that you have found some possibilities. hopefully one of them will work out. See you soon!
Post a Comment