Sunday, September 21, 2008

21-9-08

21-9-08: Emmons and I went to the beach yesterday. It was a nice enough day and semi warm. The beach was nice, despite being sadly littered with plastic and all other types of refuse. The sand was very fine and soft and good for walking and I walked up and down two different beaches. There are a total of seven “lidi” each having their own particularities like having lots of stuff for kids to do or being nude. Neither of the beached we visited were nude beaches, though I did confirm my theory that thong bathing suits should be universally banned. We visited lido degli estensi and lido spina. Here are a few pictures.

Returning was a bit of a production, though ultimately easy. Having taken the bus from Ferrara to the lidi directly, we mistakenly assumed we could take it back. The way it actually worked was we got on a little bus (“taxibus”- neither taxi nor bus), then on a big bus which took us to a train station, then we got on a train to the Ferrara train station, then get on a bus from the train station back to where we had gotten on the first bus. By the time we returned, it was 8:00 and I was glad to have planned to make tuscan chicken stew (thanks mom) for dinner, which didn’t take long and was delicious. I unfortunately have no pictures of this process because my camera battery died at the beach, but I’m sure many more wayward travels are to come and these will (hopefully) be accompanied by pictures.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah, Sorry about the bike but glad to see your latest blogs. Probably a stupid question but on which coast are the beaches you treaded located?
Papa