My life is a series of great adventures. Here I try to record a few of them for family and friends as a way to keep in touch with the people I love.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
26-9-08
26-9-08: There are few things more frustrating than bureaucracy. One of them is bureaucracy with the semblance of a nice, ordered system. Today I went to pay my rent. At the post office (which is where you pay bills). I went with the instructions that I was to go to the counter, give them and account number and the rent payment and I would receive a receipt. So I went to the post office and waited in a huge line for an hour and fifteen minutes, only to have them tell me, that no, I didn’t need to go to the post office, I needed to go to the post office/bank next door. So then I went there. There were people waiting quietly and a number machine, so I took a number, waited half and hour and finally got to where I needed to be. I told the teller I needed to pay a bill, so she gave me a form and told me to take it, fill it out and go back to the end of the line. So I left. It’s a good thing that I have until Monday to pay, because it might just take that long. I’m going back tomorrow morning before I do my weekly grocery shopping. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment