My life is a series of great adventures. Here I try to record a few of them for family and friends as a way to keep in touch with the people I love.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Today has been kind of an up-down day. I was doing okay when I got up, then I had a meeting with the director of the Middlebury program to talk about my course selection. I started to tell her about my linguistics professor, trying to keep a "oh isn't this annoying, but slightly amusing" tone but then when I tried to laugh, it came out really loud and I started crying again. The director didn't really make me feel any better. She just said "that's how it is here." Great. Thanks. Then I had to go to my linguistics class which I was dreading, but ended up being really amusing. We were talking about the anglocisms in the Italian language and my professor kept trying, unsuccessfully to pronounce english words which resulted in me laughing (silently) so hard I almost peed my pants. It wasn't even that funny, but I think I'm just in that wierd sensitive mood where I could either laugh for 30 min or cry for 30 min at the same thing. Anyway, then I came home and started thinking about how far away "home" really is and now I'm back to feeling crappy. Emmons is coming over tonight to cook with me, I'm hoping that will help me get ahold of myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had a similar experience a while ago. I was more or less humiliated by a barber in front of my host mother, which wasn't very pleasant.
Hope things get better - at the very least, your country is pretty.
Post a Comment