My life is a series of great adventures. Here I try to record a few of them for family and friends as a way to keep in touch with the people I love.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sleep and apathy
What is wrong with me? In Scotland, I had so much energy and even though we were going all day long, I woke up so easily in the morning and was ready to go again. Now, I can't PRY myself out of bed. The past few days I've slept 12+ hours and only just managed to drag myself up an hour and a half after my alarm. Every time I try to study for my upcoming exam (hello, one more day!), I can't keep it up. My attention wanders, I get tired (yes, tired) and eventually, I wander away. I can't make myself believe that this really is a grade, my only grade, and it really does count. It's not as if I'm terribly off, I went to every class and I have studied, but I have NO indication of what the exam will be like. I understand the ideas, but some of the particulars are lost on me due to fruity philosophical language translated into another language that I speak only passably. I got home today and took a nap instead of studying and now, here it is, almost 7 and I have a long way to go. I just want my parents to be here. They arrived in Italy Sunday and are doing a bit of traveling around before they get to Ferrara this coming Saturday. Oh, for a little motivation and a little energy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can do it, Leah! Also, Emmons seems to be having some of these difficulties also - weird? And, yay for seeing family too!
good luck. I have faith in you and my fingers crossed!
w
Post a Comment